McDowell Ranch Real Estate
Located in the McDowell Mountain Range in Scottsdale is McDowell Mountain Ranch an elite master planned community. Residents enjoy the conveniences it offers with nearby super markets, restaurants, popular retail stores, banking and household services. Additional points of interest consist of the City of Scottsdale Aquatic Center, the Westworld Equestrian Center.
Residents have access to a 5-acre community park (with a playground and picnic area), a community center outfitted with basketball, tennis and beach volleyball courts, two pools and a spa. Like many communities, this neighborhood also provides trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding totaling 40 miles that link other neighborhoods in North Scottsdale.
In 1994, the McDowell Sonoran Preserve was granted 900 acres of land by the McDowell Mountain Ranch community, a large donation estimated to be worth $7 million at the time.
The McDowell Mountain ranch community started development in 1998. Nearly 4,000 homes are scattered across the community's 26 unique neighborhoods which included multiple floor plans from 14 separate builders.
McDowell Mountain Ranch has a range of residential units ranging from rentals to luxury townhomes and condos, patio homes, detached homes and hillside custom homes on one-acre plus lots. Several of the neighborhoods are gated or guard-gated.
- One Hundred Hills consists of 3 unique neighborhoods The Villas, The Terraces, and The Retreat. Prices start at $500,000 in the Villas to and up to $3 million in the Retreat community.
- Eagle Ridge, from 2000 to just over 3400 square feet, prices are between $600k-$800k+
- The Overlook built by Ryland Homes ranges from 1648 up to 2615 square feet
- Mirador - homes sizes begin at 2400 to 3798 square feet with sales prices of $800,000 and higher.
- Arizona Highlands by KB Homes 1846 square feet to over 2700 square feet. $500,000 and up.
- Sienna Canyon built by Coventry Homes providing living areas of 2540 to just over 3800 square feet and prices from $700,000's to over $1,000,000.
- Trova, a guard gated neighborhood, also constructed by Coventry Homes offers similar living standards with slightly more sq. feet and prices as Sienna Canyon.
- Sonoran Estates - a gated luxury community with homes sizes of 3,107 sq. feet to 4,019 sq. feet and prices above $1 million.
- Desert Cliffs a neighborhood with 8 different floor plans, sizes ranging from 2200 on up to 3800 square feet and prices beginning in the $600,000s.
- Cimarron Hills, a guard gated community with homes built by Tolls Bros in 1998 ranging from 2237 to over 3700 square feet, prices start at $600,000 to well over $1,000,000. The Vistas, The Enclave and The Villas are the 3 separate and unique communities within Cimarron Hills. The Vistas features homes with elevated views, larger-sized lots, and more living space.
The golf course at McDowell Mountain Golf Club was designed by Phil Mickelson and Randy Heckenkemper. The public course went through a substantial renovation in October 2011 which, apart from a majority of the playing corridors being widened, brought about the development of brand new tee spaces and waste bunkers.
The course varies from 4,880 to 7,072 yards which accommodates different levels of players. For those seeking to improve their game, a professional staff is available to offer lessons. The Mesquite Grill provides golfers who gain an appetite dishes from the Mediterranean and Italy (American style). The patio offers guests an excellent view of the Camelback Mountains and the golf course.
The Scottsdale Unified School District serves McDowell Mountain Ranch kids who typically attend the following schools: Desert Canyon Elementary School, Desert Canyon Middle School and Desert Mountain High School. Notre Dame Preparatory High School is also located 5 minutes away from the McDowell Mountain Ranch community. All of these schools are accessible through the community walking paths.